Saturday, July 23, 2005

LSR in Vermont

Today I did my long run up in Vermont with Craig. We took off around 5:30 since we had to get back for the TLGI meetings. It was really nice in the AM. I was actually cold, but we warmed up really quickly once we got going. We headed north up the same hill as Thursday, but at a slower clip. The climb on this section starts at 1876 ft. and peaks at 2360 ft. at the 2.4 mile mark. On the turnaround this big ass doberman decided to run across the highway with teeth showing. It really scared the crap out of me, but luckily the owner heard and yelled at the dog to come back into the yard.

We got the six mile mark where we left some gatorade and carboom in the rental car. Some folks from TLGI ran by and headed south on a road in front of the resort. We finished our gatorade and headed off to chase down the TLGI folks. We headed out 3 miles and turned around. This 6 miles was not flat either but not as steep as the first 6 miles. It was more rolling with a low at 1918 ft., climbing to 2140 ft., dropping back down to 1824 ft., and back up to 2076 ft. and back down to the resort. We picked up the pace the last two miles running a 7:51 and a 7:38.

This was my slowest run of the long runs to date and I credit that to the hills, but I am still maintaining my goal of running at least 8:40 for all my long runs leading up to Chicago. It's been a great week of workouts while on vacation. I covered over 39 miles in 5 runs including 24 miles in the hills of Vermont.

Stats - 12.01 Miles/144:12/8:40 pace
AHR - 139
MHR - 178

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home