Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Nice Run in Vermont

It's day two of our time in Vermont and I headed out around 8AM for my Wednesday easy run. The weather was really nice and dry. The temps were probably in the high 60s or low 70s when I started. I ran out onto VT highway 100 which is the main road into the resort area. The shoulder is pretty narrow in most of the areas, but there is a newly paved section that starts right in front of the resort that had a wider shoulder. I started out heading North on the highway and faced a nice climb. I can't wait to get back to my Garmin SW at home to see how much the elevation changed. Once I got past the first climb, there were a lot more smaller climbs and flat areas. I ran three miles out and it was all uphill. It was nice to practice some of my uphill skills. Once I hit the 3 mile mark I turned around and it was all downhill back to the resort entrance before I had to finish the run with an uphill climb to the resort...really nice. My heart rate was in the high 150s and low 160s for the climbs, but once I got going downhill, it dropped all the way into the 120s...very minimal work at all.

I haven't seen a running track, or a high school for that matter, so I am going to replicate today's workout with a little more intensity tomorrow. I may also try some mountain biking if my brother in law, Craig, is up for it. For Saturday's long run I will do two loops of this run so I can get some water and take a Carboom at the midway point.

Stats - 6.01 Miles/50:16/8:22 pace
AHR - 135
MHR - 163

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home