Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Sweltering Run in Central Park

Today I ran in Central Park again, but the weather was terrible. It was only 8:15 when I started, but it was hot, humid and the air was just stagnant. It seemed like the most oppressive weather I have run in this summer...and that includes runs in the Austin and Phoenix heat.

I jogged to the park from the hotel which was a little over a half a mile. I started out wanting to do a tempo run, but it was way too hot. I ran the first two miles in 18:03 and then picked up the pace. I ended up running 4.77 miles as the "pace" part of the run, but only covered that portion in 37:41/7:54 pace. As evidenced by my average heart rate for the workout, it was a bitch out there.

It was nice to run again in Central Park before we took off for Vermont...I kind of felt like I knew the loop a little better. Another hard workout in the books as I get ready for Chicago.

We had a nice drive to Vermont and it was nice to get out of the city. We are now at a resort in Mt. Snow and it is very rustic. There isn't any type of fast food within a long way and just a lot of outdoorsy things to do. Tomorrow I will do an easy run if I can find a place to run. I will run again on Thursday and then do my 12 miler on Saturday before my meetings.

Stats - 6.77 Miles
AHR - 147
MHR - 163

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home