Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Streak is OVER!

Up until today every race I have run since I turned 40 in March has been a new lifetime PR. I ran a 5k, two 8ks, a 10k and a half marathon. Today I ran in the night time Moonlight Margarita 5k. The race went off at 8:22PM and even though it rained in most of Austin, it didn't rain at the race site at the Rock. It cooled it down a little, but there was a headwind at the start and it was still humid as hell. I did a 2.25 mile warmup including my drills and was pretty much in a sweat lather prior to the start. My goal was to run sub 20, but I knew halfway through that wasn't going to happen. I used my Garmin to track my mile splits so they are a little off, but I am assuming close...6:20,6:39, 6:48, and 1:01 for the last .1 mile.

The total time was 20:49 which is 25 seconds off of my Bun Run PR. That run was in perfect conditions so I will take the time. G said it was a great effort since we were just coming off the 20 miler on Saturday. Anyway, I am in good shape and my time still translates to a marathon time that is in range of my goal of 3:20.

Stats - 3.1 Miles for the 5k/20:49/6:43 pace
AHR - 167
MHR - 175

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home