Monday, April 10, 2006

2000s at Zilker

Today we did 2000s at Zilker. The weather was still really nice this morning, but it is slowly going away. We met a 6AM and headed off. We did our drills and then G sent us off on 2-4 repeats. I didn't know what to expect due to my recent knee pain. The knee has actually felt pretty good the past two days so hopefully it is on the mend. I ended up doing 3 repeats with Marcy. We ran together on the first one, she crushed me on the second one, and I finished ahead of her on the last one. I ran each repeat faster than the previous one and these were my fastest set since last August before Chicago. My 2000s in January were abysmal compared to today.

We all headed back to RunTex. I did my leg weights at the gym along with my ab workout. This afternoon I went to the Texas Center for Healing Arts where an old friend from my Galloway days is an intern. I got an awesome 1.5 hour massage and feel great. Tomorrow I am going to get back to my normal routine and hit the lake for 7 miles at 6AM.

Splits - 8:29, 8:22, 8:17

Stats - 7.32 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home