Saturday, November 18, 2006

Long Run on New ATT Course

Today we did our long run along pieces of the new ATT marathon course. I was hoping for a new course that I could possible run a BQ at, but this definitely isn't it. I was very disappointed after the run and now need to rethink my plans for the rest of the long season.

As for the run we headed up Lake Austin fromRunTex and up Exposition to Exposition and over Mopac on 35th street. My Garmin died around the 7 mile mark so I was just running with the group. We did some zigging and zagging on the north end of the course and up around 51st street and Red River. We finally headed south and I was pretty much exhausted by then. Some folks took off and I ran with Jan and Brad until we hit the Congress bridge. There was a parade going on so we watched some of it before heading back to RunTex. Overall not one of my best runs, but I got the miles in and enjoyed myself.

Stats - 16.5 Miles/2:33:30/9:18 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home