Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Wonderful Running Day

Today was one of those days where you really enjoy running. After a day of rest at a confidence boosting Motive on Sunday, I got to RunTex at 6:45 to run with my first coach, and good friend, John Gallagher and his wife Susan. They own a great running store in Salem, OR called Gallagher Fitness Resources. They are in town for a running store owner conference this week. They were a little late which was great so they could meet Gilbert. It was nice to talk to both of the two most influential people in my short running career at the same time. I took off with John and Susan going clockwise and we ran into a few of my peeps along the way. We had a great visit and they peeled off near the second boat docks by the hotel. It was great to see them and hear that things are going great for them in Salem. I continued on with my 7 mile loop and ran into Gilbert at I-35 and Riverside. I decided to turn around and run with him back to the first street bridge. It is very rare to get one on one time with Gilbert...especially while running. He is trying to get over a bad cold and was going slow. We spent the time catching up and reliving Chicago. It was a great few miles. I got to the bridge and headed back to the car thinking this was a great day. I got to run with two of my coaches, one on one, and in the same day...very awesome and inspiring for me. I needed a running boost and got it on Sunday at Motive, yesterday while talking to a really good, Secret friend, and today from John and Gilbert.

I am rejoining the group tomorrow and will be running ATT in February.

Stats - 1:04:49/7.57 miles/8:34 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home