Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rest Days

My back was killing me last night and this AM so I got in to see my chiropractor. He did some twisting and popping and my back still feels sore, but the pressure I was feeling in my lower back is gone. He said something shifted forward and was causing weakness in my quads. He did this new thing to me with the assistance of another doctor and it was like the shifted my lower back into the correct position, forward to back. It was awesome. It was instant relief. He said a few rest days wouldn't hurt so I am going to rest until the run on Sunday and if it feels weird may just take on a support role for the race. It will be a race time decision.

My doc said I need to strengthen my lower abs and continue to ice it...that is what I will do. It is amazing how the back can mess up everything below. I definitely need to get rid of this injury before moving forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home