Saturday, November 25, 2006

LSR to Mountain Bonnell

Today we had another down week up to Mt. Bonnell and back. The weather was warm again with temps in the low 60s, but not too humid. We met at 6AM and headed out on the scenic loop. I was running with Brad and in between a couple of packs of folks I didn't really know. I had to stop for a break at the Rock and then thought I was chasing down Brad. It turns out he was waiting for me and I blasted out without him. He caught me near the Hula Hut. We stopped for water on Enfield and headed up into scenic. We stopped again for water at the cleaners and then it was up to Mt. Bonnell. I was going to bail on it, but thought what the hell and ran up it. I felt pretty good, but was definitely feeling all the beer and food I have been devouring over the past week. We headed back down Balcones and headed for home. There was one last water stop at O'Henry and then back onto the trail. We didn't really drop the hammer at the end, but got into the low 8:00s for the last few miles. I definitely felt a lot better during this run than last week. I think my body is finally getting back to normal. I did 6 strides and had to skip stretching to get home to see our guests off.

Stats - 13.47 miles/1:56:50/8:41 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home