Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Race Week Fartleks

Today we met for fartleks on the 7 mile loop. It was another warm, humid morning, but should be the last one for awhile. A huge cold front is coming through tonight and we will have the coldest temps of the season so far. The timing is perfect for good conditions on Sunday for the Decker 20k. We were told to do 1 minute on, 1 minute off fartleks which was perfect.

I grouped up with Anne, Marcy and some other folks and we did a two mile warmup pretty slow. Once we took off it was a little difficult running in the dark. I hit a couple of rough spots, but managed to stay upright. Anne peeled off at the Pfluger bridge and then it was just Marcy and I until the Rock. We got some water and then got swallowed up in Jay's group for the remaining couple of miles. I did 8 strides at Auditorium Shores and headed out. I did some ab work a the gym and then a full stretch.

With tomorrow's pending crappy weather, it will probably be a rest day and I will run on Friday for 7-8 miles and Saturday for just 30 minutes for the pre-race run.

Stats - 6.88 miles/59:56/8:43 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home