Friday, December 01, 2006

Cold AM Run at Home

Yesterday was a planned day off which was timed perfectly with our freezing, rainy, windy weather. It was a huge change from 80 degrees and humid on Wednesday. Today it was about 28-30 degrees at our house when I ventured out for a recovery run at 7AM. It was clear and crisp with a light wind. I put on tights, two layers on top with a snow hat and sunglasses. I headed out of the 'hood and south on Escarpment about 3.5 miles and turned around. I was going to go for the extra mile climb up Convict Hill road, but decided to pass with Decker on Sunday. There was a bit of traffic on the roads which isn't usually too bad, but there were a couple of F-Tards that weren't watching. It was a good reminder that I have to be very vigilant with cars around. I had a really good run and it was a great way to kick off Friday.

I am enjoying my new day off schedule doing them on Thursday and Sundays now. It gives my body a break after 3 days and two days instead of 4 and 1. Tomorrow brings an easy 30 minutes at home, some Christmas shopping with the girls, and then Decker on Sunday. My only goal for Decker is to run faster than last year.

Stats - 7.01 miles/57:53/8:15 pace

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed Little, Jr. said...

Glad I discovered your blog...now I know there's hope for people our age. What I mean is the great minute per mile postings you've had...I hope to achieve the same.

December 01, 2006 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home