Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mile Repeats at Zilker

Today we met for mile repeats at Zilker. I was a little apprehensive about this workout today because my I pulled my calf the last time. I told myself to go out a little slower than last time to see how it felt. I started with a slow 7:34 on the first repeat. The second repeat had us reverse direction to go up the hill at Zilker. I really focused on high knees to get up the hill and not use my calf muscles. I think I was being lazy last time when I pulled my calf. I dropped the second one to 7:20, and did the last two in 7:10 and 7:09. I averaged 7:18 which wasn't bad. There is plenty of room for improvement, but the bottom line is I finished the workout and my legs felt really good.

Stats - 7.83 miles
MHR (during repeats) 167

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home