Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mini MGP Run at Home

I had to miss the 800 workout this AM so that Carla could attend a class so I set up a mini MGP run today. I slept a bit later than my usual 5AM wakeup call after watching the Olympics late last night. Michael Phelps and the swimmers are amazing and I really feel for Alicia Sacramone who fell off the beam and then fell again during the floor routine. A couple of the Chinese kids looked the same physically as my 9 year old so I loved Marta Karoli's quote: "Well, I have no proof, but one of the little girls has a missing tooth," Karolyi said.

As for my run today I did a 1.5 mile warmup and then set out on a 3 mile pace run (8:00) up Escarpment. I ran a 7:57, 8:05, and finished up with a 7:50 for a 7:58 overall pace. On the negative side, I was maxed out my heart rate during the run and felt like total garbage during my cool down. I couldn't get my heart rate down without walking. I think part of it may have been the humidity, but also know I have a lot of work to do durin the next 18 weeks.

Stats - 6.51 miles
Pace run - 3 miles/23:53/7:58 pace
AHR - 152
MHR - 167

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home