Monday, August 25, 2008

Pace Run at Home

Today was the first day of school for the girls. I can't believe I have a 6th grader and a 4th grader. I had to skip the Gazelle workout so I could walk Emma halfway to her bus stop. Notice I said half way. It wouldn't be cool of me to walk her the whole way. I waited until the bus picked her up and then started running. I had a clear a tear or two away as I started out. My baby girl is growing up.

As for the rest of the run, I did about a 12 minute warm up and then did a 4 mile pace run up Escarpment and back. I ran a negative split uphill (8:02, 8:08, 7:51, 7:41) and averaged 7:55 which is good for this time in my training. The bad part was that my heart rate also increased significantly over the 4 miles and took awhile to drop down once I started my cool down run. It has to be the heat and humidity. I wish I would have had my heart rate monitor in SF last week to see how I did in the cooler weather. I did a 1.5 mile cool down and then did some stretching at home.

Stats - 6.88 miles
Pace run - 4.01 miles/31:48/7:55 pace
AHR - 150
MHR - 166

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home