Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekend Workouts

I actually worked out twice this weekend. After a 14+ miler yesterday I backed it up today with a gym workout. Yesterday's run went OK. Brian and I ran starting near Zilker Park, up Exposition, across 35th, and then up Shoal Creek and a turn around at Hanock. We finished with a reverse Scenic. I felt OK, but my left glute and right calf are still bothering me. I feel sore all the time which sucks, but I have to get used to it. I think I took too much time off from distance earlier in the year and now my body is just getting used to the longer distances. Courtney joined us for the last part of the run from the Rock back to Zilker. Brian and I hit the pool, with the newly engaged Alex, for about 10 minutes before they threw us out at 9AM. I don't get that policy at all.

Stats - 14.2 miles/2:11:24/9:15 pace
AHR - 133
MHR - 155

Last night I watched the women's marathon and got really motivated to take my training to another level. When I woke up today I decided to go to the gym on my day off. I rode the elliptical trainer for 20 minutes and then did my weight routine. I am going to qualify for Boston in December and need to start making the sacrifices to get there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home