Sunday, September 07, 2008

Week Recap 9/1 - 9/6

I had a really busy week for a short week so I didn't have time to blog this week. It was an interesting week for the race for to be President. Most people that know me well know that I am big Obama supporter and can't stand what our current regime has done to our country. I am just praying that we don't have to endure four more years of this crap...enough said!

As for my running I was fighting a cold most of the week so I opted for extra sleep and skipped a workout on Tuesday. We ramped up to 16 miles on Saturday which was nice.

Monday - 9/1
I did a quick 5 miler in the neighborhood after a good night of sleep.
Stats - 5.1 miles/44:48/8:45 pace
AHR - 140
MHR - 155

Wednesday - 9/3
Gilbert called an audible today. Instead of a 4 mile tempo, we did circuit. We ran the long way to get to AHS to add some mileage. We also did some hopping and fast feet once we were done.
Stats - 6.35 miles

Thursday - 9/4
I met Wish today and the weather was awesome. It was dry with temps in the upper 60s. We decided to take advantage of it and run an 8 mile loop. Politics ruled the chatter. It's a good thing we are on the same side. I was a bit sore from circuit so I appreciated Wish pushing the pace a bit with me.
Stats - 8.2 Miles/1:11:50/8:45 pace
AHR - 137
MHR - 159

Saturday - 9/6
Today the Dallas crew bumped up to 16 miles. We ran the Grove loop and added on a few miles by running up the MoPac frontage road to Enfield and then back to the trail via Exposition. There was a good group with us most of the time, but I spent most of the day with Brian, Rachel, and Lisa. The cooler weather and flat route made it a really nice confidence builder after all the nasty mornings we have had this summer. Brian and I picked it up a bit for the last 3 miles and had a nice average for the 16.

We did some strides when we got back and started the stretching. About halfway through I stared getting bit by ants so I bailed. There was a guy from Falke, a German clothing company, who gave us presentation on some new, awesome, technical clothing. I was lucky to be a model and got to keep a nice running shirt. I think everyone received something that attended the prezo.

Stats - 16.03 miles/2:22:19/8:52 pace
AHR - 136
MHR - 161

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home